Expectation of Duties
Advises the Board
- Provides insight on Past Presidents/Chairs, things to consider, risk assessment with new ventures, and with personal experience having been in the role.
- Assumes the role of the Board Chair during any absence or inability of the Board Chairr to perform duties at board meetings and seminar/workshops or finds an appropriate substitute.
- Assists the Board Chair as needed.
- Attend general meetings whenever possible.
- Be willing and able to assist as necessary to help fill a need/void (within reason).
- Attend workshops and special events whenever possible to continue a supportive role for all those involved.
- Support special group initiatives whenever possible & with reasonable time commitments
A pre-set amount of time will be devoted to attending to volunteer/WCYR business each week. These hours of availability will be made public to the Board. Any phone or email messages received will be acknowledged within 2-3 days of receipt with a time-frame for further comments to follow.
Maintain a certain agree-upon level of communication with the current Board Chair beyond seminar/workshop days and board meetings. This will allow for a sense of unity and a clarity of purpose when working with all Team member and our extended community.
NOTE: This position will ideally be held until the current Board Chair steps down and automatically becomes the succeeding Board Advisor — approx. 2 years.