Thank you for your interest in being apart of the WCYR’s operating Board.
Proposals will be accepted between February 1st – 25th.
How to Register Your Intent to Run
- Decide which Board position would best suit your current skill-set and/or a skill-set you are looking to enrich.
- Write a 200 word campaign speech selling yourself. Note: this will be made public for all voters.
- State your name and the position you are interested in running for.
- Tell us about why you are interested in being a board member (generally).
- Tell us about why you are interested in this position (specifically).
- Share with us your traits/skills/abilities that will act as strengths (sell yourself).
- Compile a writer’s biography (up to 100 words)
- Focus on your writing-related experiences (contests you’ve won, anthologies your work appears in, online/print articles/blogs you’ve written, workshops you’ve attended, conventions you’ve gone to, diplomas/certificates you’ve earned, podcast you’ve posted, etc.)
- Describe your work-related experiences (both paid and volunteer) which add to your qualifications.
- Proofread both pieces.
- Submit to:
- email: secretary(at)wcyork(dot)com [Note: replace the bracketed information before sending]
- subject line: WCYR Election Candidate Registration – Your Name
- salutation: Nanci Pattenden, Secretary WCYR
- message: Include a couple of lines about your interest in being on the board and attaching your documents.
- signature: your name as it appears on your membership, your main email, your phone number (home or cell).