20 Social Media Superchargers
March 14 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm$15 – $20
20 Social Media Superchargers (and the joys of using them strategically)
Crafting your author platform? Social media’s a must, but it shouldn’t be a painful prospect.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- how to crystallize your personal social media strategy and style
- how to put on your marketing hat without taking off your creative fedora
- low-tech ways to design your own high-impact graphics
- which social media platforms give you the best opportunity to reach your target audience
- where to find shareable content
- five-minute fixes (what to post when you need to focus on your writing)
- whether/how social media efforts lead to book sales
- which social media tools and tactics best suit your personal writing persona
Discover 20 handy tools and tactics to nurture your digital network of readers and fellow writing professionals, build your author brand, and — dare I say it? — even kickstart your creative muse!
Anne MacLachlan’s knack for sparking a good story emerged at age four, when she rolled down her window and invited a curious black bear into the family car. Today, armed with the crucial knowledge of when not to let bears inside (always), Anne spends her days managing social media for Ontario’s provincial park system. She writes fantasy and reads everything (except instruction manuals — she’s rubbish at those).
Anne holds a B.A. and M.A. in English, as well as a B. Ed. Her love affairs with fiction, social media, and digital gadgetry coexist in a shaky alliance, and she eagerly awaits the day that dragons sweep the Twitterverse (catch up with her on Twitter at @AnneMacLachlan).