Keynote and Honorary Patron of the WCYR Conference
October 22 @ 7:30 pm - October 24 @ 5:30 pm$20.00 – $50.00
WCYR Writers’ Conference
The WCYR is proud to announce our second writers’ conference. This weekend event will bring together writers from all over York Region and beyond, along with guest speakers, editors, and publishers.
This year, our illustrious Keynote Speaker is the famed thriller writer Andrew Pyper. He will be speaking at the conference on Saturday over our extended lunch break. So pour yourself a glass of bubbly, slide your charcuterie board over beside the computer, relax and take it all in.
Back by popular demand, we’d like to welcome Terry Fallis as the conference’s Honorary Patron. Terry will be giving the Opening Address on Friday evening in order to welcome all of our attendees, volunteers, and speakers.
Join the WCYR and friends for a weekend full of workshops, networking, and inspiration. Register early. Space is limited and registration closes October 17th, 2021.
Date: October 22-24, 2021
Time: see schedule below
Cost: $34.00 for WCYR/WCDR Members, $39.00 for non-members
Join WCYR for just $50 and receive the discounted conference rate of $34.00.
Your registration for the York Writers Conference will include the following:
- Workshops in the mornings and afternoons (Saturday & Sunday). View available workshops here.
- Virtual cocktail hour (Friday evening), with opening Address by honorary Patron, Terry Fallis
- Lunch-time keynote lecture (Saturday) with Andrew Pyper
- Lunch-time networking event (Sunday)
- Virtual bookstore (All weekend)
Other opportunities include:
The BDO Writing Contests:
- Short Story (emerging & established writers) ~ Click HERE for full details
- Glimpses (flash fiction & poetry writers) ~ Click HERE for full details
Have your books posted in our virtual bookstore (details to come).
Donate to the YWC virtual Muffin Fund. For details about the benefits of donating to our Muffin Fund, visit Advertise at the YWC.
See the below pages for more information about speakers, scheduling and contests.