Marketing Yourself & Your Work (Fiction & Creative Non-fiction)
March 25, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
**This is a FREE Members-only workshop. Space is limited. Please reserve your spot below.
Whether you are a writer nearing the end of your first draft, in the final editing stage, are self-publishing or searching for representation, understanding the basics of marketing your fiction is essential to maintaining a foothold in your target market.
This workshop will cover:
- Defining and refining your target market and understanding who your ideal reader is
- Breaking down your personal writing/publishing goals and making sure your ideas meet industry expectations
- Assessing what you’re already doing that is helping market you and your writing
- Expanding on what else you can be doing to help solidify your author platform
- Discuss a variety of marketing options and strategies (low/no budget to moderate/high budget) to consider for when you’re ready to publish (either traditional or indie)
Workshop will be via Zoom, Thursday, March 25, 2021 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Pre-registration ends March 23, 2021. Please register below. Instructions for logging into Zoom will be sent the week before the meeting. Be sure to click on + to add a ticket before clicking on “Get Ticket” below.
MJ Moores has traditionally e-published 2 non-fiction industry guides and 1 marketing guide. She has completed her Sci-Fi/Fantasy series The Chronicles of Xannia and is delving into the world of Romantic Suspense and Steampunk Superhero serials. Her writing articles have appeared in Authors Publish Magazine, Indyfest Magazine, Easy Writer, and in the Writers Guide: The Writing Spiral published by Sunshine in a Jar Press. MJ taught high school English, was a genre writing coach, freelance writer, and is currently an acquisitions editor for DAOwen Publications (Ontario). She loves nothing more than helping writers through this crazy journey.