**Registration deadline extended! Register by May 11th, 2018.
Join us for our first annual Pens ‘n Friends Luncheon & Peer Critique event! At the WCYR we are very excited to provide this fun and educational event to our members and friends.
On June 10th, 2018 from 12-4pm, join us at the Newmarket Community Centre for lunch and a peer manuscript review session. We’ll begin with a light lunch of wraps, sandwiches and salads. Take this time to get to know some of your fellow WCYR members, network, and welcome guests.
After lunch we’ll split into small groups with a moderator to review each other’s writing. Get honest and constructive feedback on your latest work-in-progress in a nurturing, positive peer review setting.
Here’s how it will work:
Registrants will be split into groups of 4 (including a moderator and a writers craft specialist). One month before the event, you will be sent digital copies of the other 3 manuscripts in your group along with a suggested critique sheet. All participants must read the manuscripts and mark them up before the June 10th meeting, where the critiques will be discussed in a round table forum among your group.
Here are the details:
- Register and pay the registration fee before the deadline of May 11th, 2018. (Due to the nature of this event no late registrations or pay-at-the door tickets will be available.)
- Send your manuscript for review to email@example.com by May 11th, 2018. See the submissions guidelines below for details on how to format and email your manuscript.
- You will receive 3 manuscripts from your group by May 17th, 2018, along with a suggested critique page.
- Read and comment on all 3 manuscripts.* You may print the manuscripts and mark them by hand or use track changes in Word and save the manuscript as a Word doc. In this case, you will email the marked-up manuscript to the author, but only after the June 10th meeting.
- Fill out the suggested critique sheet for each manuscript. You will leave this with the author after the meeting.
- No more than 3000 words. Due to time constraints, this is a hard limit. Readers will be instructed not to critique past this limit.
- Please use Times New Roman 12 point font and double space your manuscript with standard 1″ margins.
- Make sure your name and email address appear on the first page.
- Save your manuscript as a Word document with your last name, genre, and title as the filename (example: Tolkien-Fantasy-The Hobbit.doc).
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Pens ‘n Friends Submission” in the subject line.
Get your pens out and join us for fun, food and round table reviews June 10th, 2018 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm at the Newmarket Community Centre.
***Registration deadline has been extended to May 11th, 2018.
- Red Pens n Friends 2018
June 10, 2018
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm