Open House with Kim McDougall/Raffle Fundraiser
September 24 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Open House with Kim McDougall:
From $20 per month to $1k+
Please join us at our annual open house event at Newmarket Community Centre and Lions Hall starting at 1:30 p.m. We’ll begin with some networking time and light refreshments. Our guest speaker, Kim McDougall will start the program at 2:00 p.m. Bring a friend. Lug a mug. There is no cost; however RSVP is required due to limited space.
Follow Kim McDougall’s journey from a part-time to a full-time author and pick up insights into:
• How to get your book noticed
• Where to find help when things go wrong
• What steps to take when things go right
• The importance of setting goals
• Battling imposter syndrome
• Current market trends
• And more…
Kim McDougall has more than 20 years experience in publishing—both traditional and self-publishing. Follow her journey to success and be inspired to get your book in front of the readers who want to read it.
Our Guest Speaker:
If Kim McDougall could have one magical superpower, it would be to talk to animals. Or maybe to shift into animal form. Definitely, fantastical critters and magic often feature in her stories. So until Kim can change into a griffin and fly away, she writes dark and humorous Urban Fantasy for adults (writing as Kim McDougall) and whimsical stories for children (writing as Kim Chatel). She now splits her time between from her home in Ontario, Canada and a little farm in Quebec. Visit www.KimMcDougall.com for more information about Kim’s books and to join the her reading group.
Free of charge, however please RSVP as there is limited space.
That’s not all……
Open House Fundraiser
Raffle to raise funds for our programming wish list. We have prizes for authors and writers at all stages of their writing journeys. Bring some cash for a chance to win some of these amazing prizes! Consider buying an arm’s-length of tickets for $10 (event special). Tickets can also be purchased $2 each or 3 for $5.
1. 3 Chapter Critique via Zoom (by Mystery Writer, Editor, & Publisher Diane Bator)
2. 3 Chapter Critique via Zoom (by SFF Author and Retired York U Professor Roderick Turner)
3. Coffee and a Consult — 3 Chapter Critique (by Fiction author, editor, and writing instructor Sheila Horne)
4. Coffee and a Consult — 3 Chapter Critique (by Crime Fiction author and Workshop Presenter Hyacinthe Miller)
5. Coffee and a Consult — Memoir/Creative Non-Fiction Proposal (by Memoirist and Author Coach Patti M. Hall)
6. Book Formatting or Cover Design (by Author & Creator MJ Moores of Infinite Pathways Press)
7. Book Formatting (by Author & Publisher Elise Abram of EMSA Publishing)
8. 1 Free 4-Session Workshop Series 11) (LifeLines Creative Services — Author & AWA Writing Workshop Facilitator Vicki Pinkerton). Choose Wed or Thursday evenings starts the week of October 11.
9. 4 Free Workshops (Write Your Way in – with Author & AWA Writing Workshop Facilitator Deepam Wadds) 2 spots each for Tuesday, January 16 noon to 2 p.m. and Saturday, January 20 noon to 2 p.m.
10. Beta Reader Bundle+ (with Crime/Mystery/Action Author Gloria Ferris; SFF writer MC Perron; a $25 gift card for Chapters/Indigo; & a copy of Kim McDougall’s “Revise to Write”)
11. Beta Reader Bundle+ (with Historical/Romance/Suspense Author Jeanette Winsor; Fiction/Romance Author & Publisher Deborah Armstrong; a $25 gift card for Chapters/Indigo; & a copy of Kim McDougall’s “Revise to Write”)
12. Media Bundle (Blog Interview with Escape With a Writer; Radio Interview with Writers for Readers; Podcast Interview with After Rot)
Prizes subject to change and items will be on display at the Open House. Tickets can only be purchased at the event.
RSVP now. Bring a friend. Enjoy some refreshments. Lug a mug. We look forward to seeing you!