All users with an active membership in the WCYR also have an online profile. These profiles can be used to share your writing interests, published works, your current project and additional information.
Members are encouraged to add as much or as little information as they want to their profiles. There are no required fields, and fields that remain blank will not show up on your public profile.
Note that these profiles are public to members and non-members alike. Please keep this in mind and only share information you are comfortable sharing publicly on your profile.
You can also DOWNLOAD THESE INSTRUCTIONS AS A PDF.
Log into your profile
- Visit the WCYR homepage. From the main menu click “Members” -> “Member login.”
- Enter your username and password. Usernames always take the form of firstname.lastname (all lowercase). Note: If this is your first time logging into your profile you will need to create a new password. To create a new password please click “Lost your password?” Your will be prompted to enter your username or email. For username, see above. Your account email is the one you used to sign up for your membership. Follow the instructions in the email you receive from the lost password screen.
- Once you successfully log in you will be redirected back to the WCYR site and a new green membership bar will appear at the top of your browser window.
Edit your profile
Profiles are visible and searchable by going to the WCYR website navigation menu and clicking “Members” -> “Member Bios and Pages.”
- To edit your profile, make sure you are logged in to your WCYR account (see above). In the top-right of the screen in the green membership bar you will see your name or username. Hover over that area. From there click “Edit My Profile.” By further hovering over “Profile” you can view your public profile or change your profile picture.
- You should now be at your profile page with a number of text fields. Fill out the fields you would like to include (you do not need to fill everything out. Fields that are not filled out will not be included on your public profile.
- Note that your short description is a small intro for your profile (not your full bio). Think of this as your “elevator pitch.” Keep it short – 140 characters or less. You can provide your full bio further on in your profile.
- After filling out a few fields it can be helpful to click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the profile in order to save the current changes. This helps prevent loss of information from browser errors and other common problems.
- Once you are satisfied with your profile click “Save Changes.” Your public profile has been updated.
If you want to remove information from your profile simple delete the text in the field and save the changes. Blank fields will not appear on public profiles.
Update your profile picture
Members can choose to display a profile picture or leave the space blank. Images should be 1.5 MB or less.
- Hover over your name in the green Membership bar at the top of the website. Under “Profile” click “Change My Profile Photo.”
- On the profile photo selection screen, either drag and drop your photo in the upload area or click “Select Your File” to browse your computer for a photo.
- Crop your photo by dragging the crop box around or resizing it (optional).
- Click “Crop Image.” Even if you have not cropped this will save the changes to your profile.
Removing unwanted profile pictures
Follow the instructions above to access the “Change My Profile Photo” area. Click the “Delete” tab and follow the instructions to remove your profile photo.
Watch a video walk-through of the entire process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcDWneV0jQ8
If you require more information or help please use the contact form on the WCYR website to contact the WCYR Webmaster.