Expectation of Duties
It is the Treasurer’s job to oversee the WCYR’s finances by keeping track of what money is being spent/where and what money is coming in/towards which event. The Treasurer will handle cash, cheques, and online accounts, providing a regular update on expenses and savings.
- The Treasurer will attend meetings of the board and ensure that the following are done:
- full and accurate accounts of all receipts and disbursements of WCYR in proper books of account shall be maintained on accounting software quarterly and at the AGM (annual general meeting)
- all moneys or other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of WCYR shall be deposited in such financial institution(s) as may from time to time be designated by the board
- the unds of WCYR shall be disbursed under the direction of the board, using proper vouchers, invoices or receipts
- a written account of the financial position of WCYR shall be provided at each monthly board meeting and for the Annual Report
- Provide financial information at board meetings as needed.
- Ensure all cheques for expenditures of $500 or more have been authorized in advance by the Board
- Ensure cheques are co-signed by Treasurer and one of the other two board members with signing authority (President, Vice President)
- Review accounts payable once a month to ensure processing of expenses which include but are not limited to, speakers, contest winners, contest judges, raffle prizes, workshop expenses, reimbursements to board members, miscellaneous administrative expenses
- Assists other board members with budget preparation for workshops and special event
- Prepares financial records for professional accountant, who prepares year-end statement in time for AGM
- Before the Monthly Meeting:
- Pay Venue before the seminar/meeting/workshop
- Maintain cash float
- Track registrations and PayPal payments
- Write cheque(s) for Guest Speaker, along with thank you card(s)
- At the monthly seminar/meeting:
- Provide honourarium cheque to Board member responsible for thanking the Luncheon/Workshop Speaker (included with thank-you card)
- Provide the cash float to volunteers at registration desk and the Raffle
- Issue receipts as needed to members and guests registered at monthly membership meetings.
- Assist others in set up and take down, as required
- After the monthly seminar/meeting:
- Reconcile Cash receipts, prepare forms for Bank deposit
- Pay outstanding meeting expenses, e.g. raffle prizes, office supplies (receipts required)
- Deposit cash/cheques
General Event/Meeting/Workshop Expectations
Attend whenever possible to help support the WCYR initiative and to aid in any way regarding meeting setup/take down.
Attends Board meetings as well as monthly meetings, reporting and offering assistance as needed. Sets a personal schedule to be able to maintain a balance between productivity and personal life, making sure the Team is aware of said schedule.